PDA

View Full Version : Surface cut gouging

camtd
07-29-2006, 10:14 AM
Hi

I recently programed a part for a 3 axis cut. The toolpath looked good. I verified it against the exported .stl model which was at the correct origin and
tolerance was set to .0002.

There was a total of 4 surfaces that were cut. 1 surface had a toolmark that was .02 deep and had just gone to far in, on 1 of the surfaces.

My questions are. Has anybody had this problem with Surfcam Velocity 1? Is there a better way to verify a toolpath against your model? "Parasolid"
Is there a feature I might have not turned on?

Thank You

moldcore
07-29-2006, 04:34 PM
In order to help we'll need more information. How was it cut? By that I mean; did you use planer cut or single surface or some other method?

Yes, I have seen some gouging in Velocity 1 for unknown reasons. I believe Velocity 1 is their worst release in the past 10 years. I've been using Velocity 2 the past month with no problems yet.

When you display the toolpath in wireframe mode or shaded with wireframe, can you see the gouge? Can you send me the file with just those 4 surfaces?

camtd
07-29-2006, 04:57 PM
Hi

After running the program again I see that I left to much material from the previous tool. So when I went to finish the cutter pulled out of the toolholder just enough to cause the toolmark.

Thank You