PDA

View Full Version : Takamatsu EM-2 w/ Yasnac 2000G

nlh
07-28-2006, 08:16 AM
Hello,

Anyone on this board have any experience with this machine? We just picked one up for cheap that only has 51 hours 18 min total automatic operation time. Pretty good I think, considering it is a 1980 machine. The ways as you would expect are brand new, no marks of any sort. Now the bad part, it came from a Technical College where the students didn't do it any favors. Some sheet metal is bent, pieces missing, hastily repaired, etc. In all not a bad machine but will require some tinkering to get back up to speed. There is an intermitent problem however, usually when powering the machine up I get an Alarm code 28 which translates to a "Machine Not Ready". At one point we did get the alarm to clear the machine came up on ready but it seems to have something to do with the spindle. The spindle want's to jump when turning it on. I am going to check the brushes later however the machine won't come out of the alarm at all now. This leads me to believe that there is a fuse blown or a breaker tripped somewhere however I can't find anything out of place. Does anyone here have any experience with a 2000G control or a Takamatsu machine? Any ideas where I could pick up a manual for the Takamatsu? Thanks in advance and sorry if this is the wrong forum.

GMSBILL
02-09-2007, 04:44 PM
I have a EM-2 with manuals. Right now it has a tool index problem that I am tring to fix. Everything else works ok. I might be able to help you trouble shoot your problem, and maybe you can give me some info on you turret system. You can reach me at 602-315-7119 ask for bill.

kawman
08-06-2012, 06:13 AM
i know this is a really old post, but i have some questions about the same lathe, any help would be much appreciated

psharp1
09-10-2012, 06:29 PM
I have been working with a Mori TL5 with the same controls. What can I help you with?