PDA

View Full Version : Mazak pausing

danswen
11-22-2003, 05:07 PM
This one is strange, but when I use a G51 (through spindle coolant) code on my M Plus control in any of my programs, EIA or Mazatrol the machine has a long pause when it reads the G9 to turn the through spindle coolant off. Any ideas???????:confused:

avsfan733
11-22-2003, 07:39 PM
where is the valve in relation to the coolant head, could it just be whatever is left in the lines coming out from between thevalve and the head?

danswen
11-23-2003, 05:44 PM
The coolant shuts off right away, but the machine sits with the spindle running and "pauses" before exicuting the next comands, whatever they may be.

HuFlungDung
11-23-2003, 09:16 PM
Could it be possible that the pause is written into the PLC ladder logic for some reason? Is the spindle coolant pressure monitored on your machine? Perhaps a sticky pressure switch is slow to open? Perhaps a relay or contactor is sticking due to arced over contacts?

Mortek
11-26-2003, 12:01 PM
Do you really mean G9 or is it M9. G9 is exact stop on most controls (industry standard)

HuFlungDung
11-26-2003, 01:28 PM
That's a good call, Mortek. That would make sense, as coolant function is generally not a gcode. I can't figure out, though, why the coolant would be shutting off and the machine doing an exact stop check at the same time, from one code.

danswen
11-27-2003, 10:43 PM
I dont know why I said G51 and G9 when I meant to say M51 and M9. Must of been one of those days.

danswen
11-27-2003, 10:55 PM
You may be right with the idea of pauses writen into the PLC. I do know with Mazak they do things a bit different for some reason. You woun't belive how hard it was to set up communication with the machine. In most cases you would set the DL softwear to the same parameters as the machine, but with Mazak the control and DL softwear are both set to different parameters in order to work.

Thanks for your help

Dan

Mortek
11-28-2003, 01:10 AM
I used to call Mazak in LA , They probably can help you with a parameter to solved this.