PDA

View Full Version : Ball Screw lube

JOE65
06-06-2006, 06:35 PM
What lube should a person be using on the 3 axis conversion ball screws?

wizard
06-06-2006, 09:59 PM
The first thing to say here is to use what the manufacture reccomends. Of course you might not have that info.

In the past I've used a spray lube from NOOK. Seemed to work well but these where not precision machine tools. I've also used NYE lubricants RHEOLUBE on very high precision CNC machines. Rheolube seems to work really well in this application but it is an extremely light lube so you have to keep track of your perventative maintenance. Then therre is plain old # 2 grease.

In every case the important thing is to make sure that greasing takes place on a regular basis. If you start to notice issues with the ball screw that are a result of poor lube, the damage has already been done. More Lube will help of course but the life of the ball nut and screw has been cut short.

Thanks
Dave

miljnor
06-06-2006, 10:42 PM
In every case the important thing is to make sure that greasing takes place on a regular basis. If you start to notice issues with the ball screw that are a result of poor lube, the damage has already been done. More Lube will help of course but the life of the ball nut and screw has been cut short.

I personaly don't use lube, and think maybe your doing something wrong! ;)

maybe that lube thats starts with K.... something :)

sorry couldn't help myself!

:cheers: