PDA

View Full Version : best program... Photo vcarve

bavero55
06-06-2006, 08:29 AM
http://www.incisionefoto.it

lakeside
06-06-2006, 11:37 AM
well the list price is three times as much as I paid for my Bobart which can do the same thing in all of these vcarving programs you have to be a better painter as a programmer all of them are simple type of programming

Tony Mac
06-07-2006, 03:59 PM
Hi Lakeside,

Yes, Bobart can certainly do some interesting 3D modelling and machining, but I think you will find it doesn't include any of the precision vector based machining in the vcarve products.

Tony

lakeside
06-07-2006, 04:26 PM
I will agree that even mastercam art has some better carving tools than Bobart but most of the time you can compensate with babcad after import from bobart I stil feel that you also must be a good painter for any of the art software

dighsx
06-08-2006, 06:36 AM
I partly know what you mean Mike, there is a technique you must learn to finish these things. I can only speak about my experiences with PhotoVCarve and the items I have created with it. But in my experience if you're cutting something into wood, if you put a wood conditioner and then seal the surface with polyurethane or some similar product, then cut your photo. Once cut all you have to do is rub on the paint and then rub off the excess. If you're cutting something like corian it's easy too, just cut, rub paint on, let dry, lightly sand off excess.

I am the farthest thing from a good or even a mediocre painter and I’ve created some great looking stuff with PhotoVCarve without much fuss.