PDA

View Full Version : Solved So I've been using a wiggler to find zero postion....

mcphill
01-17-2014, 11:14 PM
I bought a Haimer knockoff over a year ago, but didn't break it out to figure out how to use it. What a waste of time!!! It took me less than a minute to figure it out, and it saves easily 5-10 minutes of futzing with the wiggler. Damn I wish I had unpacked it sooner!!! It slips right in to TTS, too - for some reason I thought it was R8 (another reason I didn't want to bother, as taking the collet in and out all the time would have been a PITA!!!).

Anyway, HIGHLY recommended!!!

jalessi
01-18-2014, 12:44 AM
I bought a Haimer knockoff over a year ago, but didn't break it out to figure out how to use it. What a waste of time!!! It took me less than a minute to figure it out, and it saves easily 5-10 minutes of futzing with the wiggler. Damn I wish I had unpacked it sooner!!! It slips right in to TTS, too - for some reason I thought it was R8 (another reason I didn't want to bother, as taking the collet in and out all the time would have been a PITA!!!).

Anyway, HIGHLY recommended!!!

Mcphill,

Please post a link to the knockoff.

Jeff...

mcphill
01-18-2014, 08:45 AM
I looked for one yesterday and couldn't find it. It is made in China, though, so not the real deal...

SWATH
01-24-2014, 08:39 PM
Yeah the Hamier is great I've been using one since I first bought the machine. The only thing that really burns is they majorly raised the prices of the replacement probes. They used to be about $23 for the short one, now they are around $48 each. It just so happens that the day before you started this thread I filmed a short video of indicating a XYZ zero with mine. I haven't posted it yet, my computer has flaked and I'm currently building a new one.

MichaelHenry
01-26-2014, 06:19 PM
Tormach sells the short Haimer probes for $42 and usually has them in stock.

Mike

mcphill
01-27-2014, 09:53 PM
Took me a while to find where I got it... Came from the guy in this thread:

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/general_metalwork_discussion/97389-3d_taster-post948018.html#poststop

mcphill
03-12-2014, 03:02 PM
Found a source for this in a post from someone today. $179.

KBC Tools & Machinery, Inc. (http://kbctools.com/usa/Navigation/NavPDF.cfm?PDFPage=667)

If that doesn't pull up, search for "3D Alignment Indicator".