PDA

View Full Version : Similar drawing editor?

notalentbum
12-18-2013, 04:10 PM
Many years ago I ran a wire EDM and the company used Esprit. We still use it but I no longer run the machine or use the software. We started with the original Esprit W and have upgraded several times since then. I think we bought some package that always keeps our software up to date. Anyway, I have used quite a few different drawing editors from every version of Autocad and many of the freeware packages. I am always disappointed after having used Esprit. Esprit's drawing editor has been the easiest, most intuitive I have ever used. As a hobby, I design and build RC airplanes and helis and would love to find a cheap/free drawing editor that works similar or better yet, identical to Esprit's. I still have access to our system at work but it is a bit of a hassle having to stay late or work with it through my lunch break.
Anyone know of such an editor? I don't need any kind of post processing or anything beyond sending what I drew to a printer/plotter and save to DWG and or pdf files.

Thanks, Matt

sybilsurf
12-19-2013, 10:38 AM
I can't be of help except to say that I'm interested in knowing as well....I use Esprit every day and also design RC sailplanes as a hobby.

I find that Esprit uses a very unique drawing editor....not sure how it evolved or if there is anything else like it out there!

dcoupar
12-19-2013, 01:32 PM
I too find Esprit's drawing tools to be very easy and intuitive. The closest thing I've found is AutoSketch V10, which is listed on Amazon.com for $238.99. I've been using this since it was DrafixCAD (about 15 years now).

Esprit used to offer Drafting ($900) and Design ($2,000) modules but I don't see them listed anymore.

JohnWLMT
12-22-2013, 09:15 AM
Draftsight is free.

John