PDA

View Full Version : Need Help! SheetCam doesn't write G code

CORTE
11-29-2013, 09:10 PM
Absolutely new on this!
I need some help guys. I just installed the SheetCam and it doesn't write the G Code.
I will try to explain myself: CNC MakerZone (http://cncmakerzone.com)
I have a .dxf with 2 layers. In each layer one simple figure, a rectangle and a circle. Sounds pretty simple, isn't it?
I open it on SheetCam and select the tool for each process. Until here, all good.
Once I press the magic P, it only writes the G Code for the first object/process.
It doesn't matter what comes next, it doesn't write it!
If I swap the order, SheetCam writes the G Code for the first one only.
Any idea what's going on?
Am I clear enough?
Thanks a lot,
Gaston.

cncadmin
11-29-2013, 09:48 PM
Did you buy the software? if not their is a code limit. Did you select a post process IE mach?

CORTE
11-29-2013, 10:11 PM
Thanks for your prompted reply Paul.
I know what you mean about the code limit as I have downloaded another one - a TNG version with a limit of 180 lines -
Although I didn't bought it, it should write a code for two simple processes, don't you think?
I have installed in a friend's PC and it runs fine!
Do you have any idea what can be wrong with the one I installed in my pc?
Thanks again.
G.

CORTE
11-29-2013, 10:24 PM
Sorry I didn't catch this,
what did you mean with "post process IE mach"?
Thanks.

awerby
11-30-2013, 03:54 PM
It sounds like SheetCAM is having trouble with your "layers". It probably can only read the visible layer, and ignores the other one. Try either putting both figures on the same layer or writing the code for the first one, shifting to the second one, and then writing the code for that. You can then run the two G-code programs sequentially.

Andrew Werby
www.computersculpture.com