PDA

View Full Version : AUTO Heat Function HobbyCNC

DIzZy
04-22-2006, 09:55 PM
Is anyone out there running the HobbyCNC rev 2 board with autoHEAT. How does that work exactly. Does it adjust the current in the bow? I was wondering if it was worth getting the board with that function. How are most of you controlling your bow heat,,trial and error? Any help would be appriciated.
thx

Barry_DVRC
07-18-2006, 11:51 PM
Yes it does control the average current in the bow, by pulsing the bow voltage when using the GMFC software.

Using the GMFC software you calibrate the heat for the foam type, at a slow wire cutting speed and a fast wire cutting speed. The GMFC software is then able to calculate wire heat for speeds between the two calibration speeds. This allows for the kerf (width of the cut made by the wire for a given speed) to be calibrated out for various cutting speeds and foam types.

You could download the trial GMFC software and read the manual for complete instructions on this function.

Hope that helps

Barry

moreil
09-23-2006, 07:31 AM
I'm using my (free) software (http://fcut.sf.net) to do it. The adjustment I did by cutting a pass at full speed and measuring the height of the block before and afterwards. The difference is the kerf value.

Repeat at half speed. The values may need a little tweaking but they're a good starting point.