PDA

View Full Version : Florida ShopSabre CNC owners

dedvyned
08-01-2013, 10:08 AM
Good morning to all, I'm in the middle of replacing our old Multicam 48plus for a new ShopSabre CNC with ATC. I'm posting this to find any members that owns any ShopSabre CNC machine in the Florida area. I'm located in Orlando and I would like to talk about your experience with SS, or any coments, advices,warnings,feedback positive or negative. Thank you for your time and will appreciate your response.

Thank you!!

Noneya Bidness
11-08-2013, 07:09 AM
I own a ShopSabre in Inverness. I just converted it to Plasma from a router. Only complaint I have is the gantry is starting to rack on mine when moves in the Y axis. The racking only affects the fine detail of photo carving or a lithophane. I do those every now and then so that is why I converted this to a plasma machine. If you are buying a new machine, get dual Y axis screws. When I get ready to purchase a new machine, that is what I am doing. Other than the "racking" issue, I have had very little problems with my machine in almost 10 years. I don't know how fluent you are with programming CNC but if you get stuck with some WinCNC programming issues, I may be able to help. I am an electronics engineer. I have designed my own torch height control, written the ini and mac's for WinCNC and made my own post processor for Aspire. If you are fluent in in programming and just looking for opinions, it's been the best money I have spent for a machine and the support from ShopSabre has been great.

denisbaldwin
03-18-2015, 01:13 PM
Did you ever buy the Shopsabre? How do you like it. I'm in Clearwater and am in the process of buying one.

Denis

TampaVinyl
04-08-2015, 07:48 PM
Doesn't seem to be too many in Florida? We have a SS 4896. Machine works great! Want to upgrade the software...What do ya'll use?

MadMech65
08-20-2015, 02:30 PM
Noneya,

Looks like your the man to know in these parts! I just ordered a SS Sidekick 8 with dual gantry, Hyperderm 65, ATC, water table and engraver. I have not received the machine yet, but I was told to look for it around the end of August. Very excited as I have been wanting one for about 10 years. I'm currently looking into Adobe Illustrator or CorelDraw7 as possible photo to .DFX exporting. Do you have any experience with either? Anyway, I'm retired Navy, 28 years aircraft mechanic and live in the Melbourne, Florida area. I would love to make friends with similar interest as I know there is going to be somewhat of a learning curve and it would be nice to level the grade a bit!

Alan

radicalrescue
10-13-2016, 09:50 PM
Noneya,

Looks like your the man to know in these parts! I just ordered a SS Sidekick 8 with dual gantry, Hyperderm 65, ATC, water table and engraver. I have not received the machine yet, but I was told to look for it around the end of August. Very excited as I have been wanting one for about 10 years. I'm currently looking into Adobe Illustrator or CorelDraw7 as possible photo to .DFX exporting. Do you have any experience with either? Anyway, I'm retired Navy, 28 years aircraft mechanic and live in the Melbourne, Florida area. I would love to make friends with similar interest as I know there is going to be somewhat of a learning curve and it would be nice to level the grade a bit!

Alan

hello alan i saw a post on cnc zone about shopsaber did u get up an running