PDA

View Full Version : DSN to SCPRT file ext name change

sixsix
03-13-2006, 08:50 AM
Hello all,

My first posting here - please be gentle !

We made the switch / update here at work from 2000 to 2005. With 2005 up, I / we go in to pull up a 2 year old file and it's not there. It was saved with the old DSN ext.

Surfcam's default filename uses SCPRT, so we have to change that in the file type box.

Any way of changing it to 'see' DSN as well as SCPRT? Like the Autocad type that shows DWG; DXF; ?

moldcore
03-13-2006, 10:16 AM
On my system (Velocity B124), the default is “DSN and SCPRT” files when I use the open file command for the first time in the session. I’m not sure why yours would be any different or how it can be changed. I notice once you open another file format, such as IGES, the default will change to IGES until you close Surfcam or chose another format.

scubanick
03-13-2006, 12:25 PM
mine shows the same and moldcore's not sure how to change it
i think its in the surfcam.ini file

sixsix
03-13-2006, 12:28 PM
I have 'non-upgraded' 2005 B120. I guess B124 ( or in-between ) addressed this. Just after I posted, I went in and edited my surfcam.ini file with this line at the top of the [FileOpenSave] section:

DSN SCPRT=DSN & SCPRT Files(*.dsn;*.scprt), "*.dsn;*.scprt",,,SurfcamDllEntryPoint,,,APPEND_FALSE

Works just fine now. This change to the Surfcam.ini file came after I made changes to the Options - Files - Paths to see if it would - and it did.

Wish our Co. would renew our maint. contract. I have never seen a co. like Surfcam hold so much so close to the breast or be as money grubbing as they are.

OK - there, I said it. By the way, thanks for the speedy reply.