View Full Version : Auto Nesting program Need ????

03-04-2006, 07:02 PM
Hi everyone

I need a Auto nesting sofware to nest multiple part ????

This software need to accept any CAD file like .dxf, .dwg but need to accept .plt ???

Does anyone know which one is the best ???

Thank's a lot

03-04-2006, 08:29 PM
i have messed with quite a few and the one that i feel actually works well and thinks hard before it presents a nest is Most2d. Ive seen some that simply lay parts next to each other until the sheet is full and I can manually do much better. But Most2d really surprised me. I also contacted one of the creators in some far off place and he quickly made a modification of the software for me in order for it to meet my needs. All in all very impressed with it. THere is a download availiable on the site. I dont have a link, but im sure you can google it. If I remember correctly the cost is 500 or 700 dollars US.

09-24-2009, 09:53 AM
Hi bfcarbon,

I know it has been a while since you were looking into this but, if you are still looking, you could also try out the automatic nesting software at www.mynesting.com

It is completely free to download/use and runs on your own PC like "normal" nesting software. There will eventually be a small fee each time you choose to export a completed nest (a few $) but it is currently free for exporting as well.

You can see the nest before making the decision to export so, if you're not happy with the results, you can tweak settings and renest or simply exit the software and there is no charge at all.

It only works with dxf files at the moment but if you could convert the .plt files into .dxf then MyNesting could be ideal.

Let me know if you have any questions or want any advice info@mynesting.com