PDA

View Full Version : Sending the table to the zero coordinates?

saturnnights
02-20-2006, 11:19 PM
I'm having a blast working with and figuring out Mach 3. What I tend to do before running a project is raise the Z clear of the table and start the run. Then I watch the table move to convince myself that I've set everything up okay. Then I cancel the run and move the table back to the zeroed X and Y positions before starting the actual cut.
But this has me wondering as I haven't run across it yet in the manual - when the table is "out there" somewhere and I want to send it back to my X and Y zero points, is there a button to click or command that sends the table scooting back to the zeros? I've been doing it manually, but I'd bet that I don't need to... Anybody know how to send the table back to the zero points?

Thanks,
Mark

cowanrg
02-21-2006, 01:37 AM
yep.

got to the MDI screen. there are screens for manual, program run, etc... goto MDI.

then, in the input box below, type in the g-code command, G0 X0 Y0.

this will move x and y to 0.00

posix
02-21-2006, 06:56 AM
wasn't there a trick with softlimits and imaginary limit switches?

JRoque
02-21-2006, 10:24 AM
Hi. If you have home/limit switches you can issue command G28.1X0Y0Z0 to move the axes home until they trip the limit switches followed by a reverse in direction until the switches clear. That will be your home position. You'll also see the reference LEDs light up. I believe there's a button there in the settings screen (?) that does the same.

JR

cerealkiller2
02-27-2006, 02:57 PM
You can use the "GOTO Z" button located under the DRO on the programs screen

Switcher
02-28-2006, 10:46 AM
G90 G0 X0 Y0 Z0

saturnnights
02-28-2006, 12:07 PM
Thanks everyone!

Mark