PDA

View Full Version : Quill micro feed?

KEYTEEM
02-05-2006, 07:56 PM
i finally finished putting the machine together on the new bench i made,
had to use the engine hoist a couple times, it made things a whole lot easier.
after cleaning things up i noticed i cannot get the quill microfeed to
work/rotate/move the quill. yet the regular quill feed handle pulls the quill
without any problems at all , i tried unscrewing the "tension knob" at the end of the quill handle , all the way out and all the way in , but it changes nothing on the micro feed. the micro feed moves a very little back and forth
but stops ineach direction.

also is anyone familiar with what the square head bolt with a "pin" at the end of it could be? it screws in at the top , front most left hand corner of the head as your facing the machine,just to the left of the fill plug.

i still need to wire it up, tram it , fill it , would like to be done by next weekend

thanks for all your help
ps; will be sending pics later

KEYTEEM
02-13-2006, 12:29 PM
Well , took the microfeed quill block off the side of the head last night and
found the two bearings, #6202 , for the microfeed itself were locked up tight
as a drum. luckily had two new ones laying around. looks like it musta been on a
monday morning when they assembled this part of the machine.

haysys
02-14-2006, 09:40 PM
Hey Key,

When I received my unit, the quill feed was locked up too. After working it a bit, I got the thing to start moving and then it loosened up. I took it all apart, cleaned and repacked. It worked quite smooth after that.

On the square-head bolt, I believe what you are describing is simply a method to raise the gearhead cover just enough to work it off of the locating pins. When I was cleaning the unit, I removed all the cap screws and used that bolt to get daylight between the two surfaces, insert a lever, and work the cover off. As I recall, with the cover removed, I could see no other purpose for that bolt.

Have fun,

Randall
02-17-2006, 02:15 PM
I was wondering what that bolt was for. My microfeed hasnt been a poblem so I was lucky.
Thanks for the info
Randy

Jay Kyle
02-17-2006, 03:50 PM
Is that what that bolt is for? I was wondering.

KEYTEEM
02-18-2006, 07:00 AM
HAYSYS, thanks for your feedback, i was thinking of reusing the original 6202's also but they were maybe installed wrong/damaged after, cause they wouldn't spin freely after cleaning, had xtras anyway . used a small file and cleaned the teath on both mating gears also, works slicka than ;;;;

i never would have guessed that little square head bolt served that purpose though , thanx again.

this web site's awesome