PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Wiring Diagram for a Sieg Controller - ZZQ021226A

Hogstrom
01-19-2013, 11:01 PM
I have a controller that was originally manufactured by Sieg (Board number in title...it is ZZQ021226A

There are several connector blocks and I'm looking to see if someone might have a wiring diagram for the board so I could put it to use. Its the same controller used in several microcontrollers. I want to use it to drive an x-axis motor for x+ / x-.

Thanks

neilw20
01-20-2013, 08:19 AM
Clear pictures might help please.

Hogstrom
01-20-2013, 01:16 PM
Here is a picture of the controller I have. I've seen several places on the net that indicate its used for speed control of motors but couldn't find technical details about the board.

yours_prabhat
01-20-2013, 01:19 PM
The line power comes into the DC rectifier. The positive output of the rectifier goes
through terminal 2 to the positive terminal of the motor. The voltage passes through the
motor and is returned to terminal 1. From terminal 1 it is directed to two power mosfet
switches. When the switches are turned on, power returns to the negative terminal of the
rectifier and power is delivered to the motor. When they are turned off, no current flows
and no power is delivered to the motor. The switches are controlled by a pulse width
generator. The wider the pulse, the longer the switches are on and more power is
delivered to the motor. The width of the pulse is set by the power adjust potentiometer
which can vary it from zero to full.
The is a current overload system which sense the current through the motor and shuts
down the controller if the current exceeds a preset level.
Low voltage power supplies power the overload and pulse width generation circuits.

Hogstrom
01-20-2013, 02:07 PM
Thanks for the quick response ... I'll digest it in a few minutes and post a summary and any followup questions.

Unfortunately, my phone camera has pretty bad parallax at that focal length. I'm posting some additional pics to complete the angles of the board so folks can see the detail at each of the edges.

Hogstrom
01-20-2013, 02:10 PM
I added these shots so one can clearly read the text of the whole board.

yours_prabhat
01-20-2013, 02:20 PM
I have a controller that was originally manufactured by Sieg (Board number in title...it is ZZQ021226A

There are several connector blocks and I'm looking to see if someone might have a wiring diagram for the board so I could put it to use. Its the same controller used in several microcontrollers. I want to use it to drive an x-axis motor for x+ / x-.

Thanks
L = LIVE
N= NEUTRAL
GAN= GROUND
M+ = MOTOR +
M- = MOTOR NEGATIVE
P1= POT SIDE LEG
P2 = POT MIDDLE LEG
P3 = POT SIDE LEG
[POTENTIOMETER = 10K/10T]
K1 = MOTOR
K2= MOTOR

Hogstrom
01-20-2013, 05:34 PM
Thanks prabhat ... this helped out immensely. I also found this link and it looks like the board I have is used in this model. SIEG Power Feed (http://www.mini-lathe.com/Mini_mill/Reviews/Power_feed/power_feed.htm)

It looks like K1 / K2 (Motor in your response) are actually for a switch to start the action. Mostly got things working, thanks for the help.

guysie123
03-23-2014, 05:01 PM
Hi Hogstrom, did you ever manage to locate a wiring diagram for the board ZZQ021226A - I'm also after one and cannot seem to locate one anywhere?
I need to disable the current overload circuits as my power feed is over-sensitive and trips out unnecessarily every 5 seconds of use. It's completely useless to me in its current form.
All help appreciated
Best wishes
Guy