PDA

View Full Version : M03 code

autotrol
12-26-2012, 08:56 PM
Hi All, Happy holidays!

I have a Hyundai 250C lathe, entered a M03 code and the chuck, as you look at from the turret, runs counter clockwise M04 clockwise. This is a Fanuc Oi-ta contoller. Can anyone tell me if this normal? I've tried swappimg two of the phases but I get a hydraulic pressure error. Possible hydraulic pump is running backwards. Does't seem that anyone has changed any wiring in the machine. Is there anything else I can ckeck if this is't right?

Jerry

neilw20
12-26-2012, 09:43 PM
Reversing supply lines won't help.
A lathe running forward (M03) normally with a chuck on the left, rotates such that a normal drill will drill a hole, if I can describe it that way.
How many of you have seen a left hand drill? (I have a few!!!)
Old turret lathes often ran the other way (CW) for a few reasons and used left hand drills.
Mostly so the finished part fell into the chute at the front of the machine instead of to the rear.

M03 - CCW. M04 = CW . Normal IMHO.

autotrol
12-26-2012, 09:56 PM
Thank you for the reply. What you have indicated makes sense now that I think about it. I guest I was chasing my tail, A nebe thing. Saw on the web that M03 is CW but didn't know which way to look at it ( from the turret or the motor).

Thanks again and Happy Holidays,

Jerry