PDA

View Full Version : "Tile" the Toolpath

Granite
12-17-2012, 06:47 PM
Hello,

Can someone provide direction in setting up a tool path in Sheetcam to cut a part that is longer than my 48" table? Part size is 88" x 24".

For non-metal substrates, I typically design in Aspire and cut with a router...The Aspire tools include a "Tile" function that auto creates tool paths to accommodate work from a single file that is larger than the table.

For plasma cuts using Sheetcam, I'd like to accomplish the same thing, (working with one dxf file and have Sheetcam tile the work to fit my table)

Thanks,
Dan

ajclay
01-11-2013, 07:12 PM
I've been using sheetcam for a few years and I don't know if that's possible. I've never had to do that type of operation.

If you have a registered copy you may want to ask Less about it. He wrote and supports the program.. Great guy and eager to help.

sheetcam.com :: View Forum - Problems and questions (problems @forum.sheetcam.com) (http://forum.sheetcam.com/viewforum.php?f=2&sid=39f89e82feb38374809128a901eda6b0)

You could just draw it and cut two files. You'll have to start and stop the torch anyway to move the sheet... just thinking out loud....

Aj