PDA

View Full Version : WhooHooooo!!!!!!! Mach 2

Dman
01-28-2006, 10:31 PM
Just got Mach 2 setup on my router. License was a birthday present from my wife. What a HUGE difference over TurboCNC! Constant speeds and smooth operation. Now I see first hand what all of you have been talking about with this software. I am going to download Mach 3 and get it going ASAP. What a great product.

joecnc2006
01-29-2006, 01:56 AM
Just got Mach 2 setup on my router. License was a birthday present from my wife. What a HUGE difference over TurboCNC! Constant speeds and smooth operation. Now I see first hand what all of you have been talking about with this software. I am going to download Mach 3 and get it going ASAP. What a great product.

Welcome to the club.... lol

Seriously it is a really good program, i run mach3 now with no problems. it just makes my diy machine (Joes CNC Model 2006) run smooth.....

Joe

Dman
01-29-2006, 08:46 PM
I also have a DIY Router. I am in the process of building one like your 2006 model Joe. I hope you don't mind me using your ideas to build my new router. Very good design on the dual bottom rails. Mach 2/3 will be a great improvement when I get this new machine running.

joecnc2006
01-29-2006, 09:01 PM
I also have a DIY Router. I am in the process of building one like your 2006 model Joe. I hope you don't mind me using your ideas to build my new router. Very good design on the dual bottom rails. Mach 2/3 will be a great improvement when I get this new machine running.

No problem, let me know if you need some help.

Joe

Dman
01-29-2006, 09:15 PM
Well Joe
I was wondering about the sides of the gantry. I only have 3/4" thich sides for the gantry and when I put a load on the bearings the MDF starts to bulge and flex which makes for a hard time getting everything aligned. Did you have this same probelm and that's the reason you went to 1 1/2" sides? I am thinking of putting all thread across the gantry and pulling it together to take out the bow ( if I put a pipe clamp across the gantry I can eliminate the bow and the gantry runs very smooth).

joecnc2006
01-29-2006, 11:32 PM
Well Joe
I was wondering about the sides of the gantry. I only have 3/4" thich sides for the gantry and when I put a load on the bearings the MDF starts to bulge and flex which makes for a hard time getting everything aligned. Did you have this same probelm and that's the reason you went to 1 1/2" sides? I am thinking of putting all thread across the gantry and pulling it together to take out the bow ( if I put a pipe clamp across the gantry I can eliminate the bow and the gantry runs very smooth).

I glues two pieces together, you can add 1" strips down the side to help strengthen it, or try adding 3/4"x3/4" angle iron to stiffin it up.

do you have pictures? maybe start a thread on it?

Joe

Dman
01-30-2006, 12:53 AM
Yeah I need to start a thread on this. I need to get out our camera and get some pics up on the zone. It really is coming along pretty well so far.

HayTay
01-30-2006, 12:57 AM
WhooHooooo!!!!!!! Mach 2

WhooHooooo!!!!!!! IS Right on!!!!!!!

Seriously it is a really good program

And worth every dollar. It's the best $159 I've ever spent. Kudos to Art and the rest of the Mach 1/2/3/+ crew for a fantastic program.

Don't put it off like I did, save your lunch money if you have to.

HayTay

Guy Smiley
03-23-2006, 09:31 AM
My Mch2 is working for me soooooo good that I'm scared of trying out Mach3.
Quite funny though. I'm saving up for Mach4 and G-Rex!

joecnc2006
03-23-2006, 10:17 AM
Mach3 is better it seems to make mine run a little faster, and motor tunning seems to work better and easier to setup.

Guy Smiley
03-23-2006, 11:34 AM
Thank you for trying to get my confidence up some. I am a real neophyte at CNCing but did a lot of research before I got my set-up going. I live in the Philippines so, with most of my major components imported from the US, I've gotten overly careful with my set-up.

I did download and install Mach3 at one time but chickened out and uninstalled when I saw an unfamiliar window. LOL! I kind of liked that new OCX Driver test better. Maybe one day my intestinal fortitude will be tougher.

Thanks to members like you and this forum!

joecnc2006
03-23-2006, 03:25 PM
Mach2 and mach3 can be run side by side meaning one does not afect the other.