PDA

View Full Version : counter boring

ulexprecision
11-29-2012, 05:25 AM
1. I have to counter bore 120 holes in a plate.
In madCam 5 I could not find the option of chosing between z-level or region.
My choice of comands was profiling with ramping down the hole.
It is a M6 counterbore into hard steel with a predrilled hole so I choose to ramp down 2mm at the time.
Now my observation,the cutter ramps down to 2mm and then goes to the next hole until all holes are finished at that level.I do not like this,it waste time and movement.how could I do this more streamlined ?
2. I found the latest beta version and downloaded the X86 for use on my machine computer what runs windows XP sp3.
Sadly there came up a massage that it only works with windows NT.
I thought that program was way older than XP.
Did I do anything wrong ?
Regards,
Dirk

BAMCNC.COM
11-29-2012, 11:41 AM
RhinoCam has an option to do level or depth. Level being cut all levels in parts, then again, like your saying. Depth being drill this hole to depth, then next hole to depth. You have something like that?

ulexprecision
11-29-2012, 10:47 PM
Thanks very much.looks like I have to buy a Cam program a week.Not.
This was not very helpfull at all.

svenakela
11-30-2012, 04:07 AM
Thanks very much.looks like I have to buy a Cam program a week.Not.
This was not very helpfull at all.

Actually, I don't understand bamcnc post which has nothing to do madCAM, and I don't understand your answer as well.

MadCAM 5 is still in beta mode, region/level didn't exist in madCAM 4 either (if I don't remember totally wrong). I've requested this feature, but there's about 110 % working effort in simultaneous 5 axis mode at the moment as far as I know.
Send an e-mail to MadCAM and ask if it's possible to get the feature.

XP? Are you sure that the dialog message is from MadCAM itself? It looks to me that it's a Commons component, or a framework in the lower layers that yields.
But seriously, XP?..
It was set to End of Life 2009.

williamsmotower
11-30-2012, 09:02 PM
If I understand question, pick one hole at a time for toolpaths. Then it won't jump around to each hole .

turmite
11-30-2012, 09:33 PM
williamsmotower is correct. Use one hole as your beginning and do the tool path. Right click, select the next hole and all your data is ready for the second hole and on and on. It really doesn't take that long.....oh wait, use 2d pocketing for my method.

Mike

ulexprecision
11-30-2012, 10:34 PM
Thank you for the different ideas.In the end I choose pocketing and adjused the ramp aproach to 5 deg. and it worked well.
Sven,my answer to BAMCNC was sarcasm,sorry.
I confused 3d z level finishing with pocketing .
About my old computer,I don't need a windows7 computer to organize text files
but it is very handy to have Rhino with madCam as an editing option on it.
The drawing and main tool path development is done on a "modern" windows7
machine.
Sadly I still have not solved the tool path problem that I posted at the 22.11.12
Any takers?
Thank you again.
Dirk

svenakela
12-01-2012, 04:10 AM
Of course one can pick one pocket at a time, or make one pocket and then array it out on the model. But if the pockets are different shaped you still have to do it manually for each pocket and if there are 200 holes you have something to do before lunch break. I've asked for it as a feature, and I think it will come in a version 5 release later on.

Sarcasm and irony is fun, but doesn't work that well on the Internet... ;)

BAMCNC.COM
12-01-2012, 08:16 AM
While my answer may not make sense with YOUR software it is still the answer to this question, as I don't know your software I wasn't sure if it would help or not, I guess it didn't help, but it may lead you to a google search with the proper key words to find the answer out yourself...

svenakela
12-01-2012, 03:48 PM
While my answer may not make sense with YOUR software it is still the answer to this question, as I don't know your software I wasn't sure if it would help or not, I guess it didn't help, but it may lead you to a google search with the proper key words to find the answer out yourself...

Your answer makes no sense at all because this question is about - and is written in a forum - for a specific CAM that is not RhinoCAM.

BAMCNC.COM
12-01-2012, 09:33 PM
Wow, even my next post you don't comprehend... Sorry...

Rodent
12-15-2012, 11:59 AM
sorry BAM - it appears you might have gotten yourself lost when clicking thru forum links ...

this is a forum specific to MadCAM software. if people were looking for workflows on how to use RhinoCAM, I think they'd probably be asking their questions in a differnt forum.

have a nice day

R

Dan B
12-17-2012, 06:22 AM
I think BamCNC was just pointing out a feature of his software as a point of comparison. That's how I read that. Kind of like saying "this is how I do it, maybe you have a similar command?".

Dan

BAMCNC.COM
12-17-2012, 10:00 AM
I think BamCNC was just pointing out a feature of his software as a point of comparison. That's how I read that. Kind of like saying "this is how I do it, maybe you have a similar command?".

Dan

Exactly, Thank you!