PDA

View Full Version : 4th Axis Rotate Table Operation

prdp141
11-29-2012, 04:22 AM
Hi Guys,
I am about to ask a question which may seem basic to most I'm sure, however just for clarification purposes, here goes.

When setting up the Axis Table Rotation for 4th axis operation, does the Table Rotation Angle (as shown) refer to 'incremental angle' or 'positional angle'?

For example if I set a ClockWise rotation of 30 degrees (or CCW), does this mean 30 degree movements at a time OR does it refer to 30 degrees like that on a compass. (Real World Co-ordinates)????

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Phil

DareBee
11-29-2012, 07:59 AM
It is incremental (tell it 30 - it rolls 30).
I argued with mec soft for long time about how positional angle works for us guys running machines. Was a concept they could not grasp at the time.

prdp141
11-29-2012, 04:32 PM
Thanks Darebee. And all this damn time I've taken it as being 'positional'. Now THAT explains are few weird things. :tired:

Cheers
Phil

prdp141
11-29-2012, 05:32 PM
A follow-up to the above.

Darebee's response above got me thinking a bit more. To me, I thought, it would make sense for Mecsoft to allow the programmer to choose his/her preference of rotation, Incremental or Positional (Absolute), so I dug a bit deeper into the Machining Operations (Mops) setup. Sure enough....it's there.

As per my attachment goto: Mops -Post, goto: edit and in General select your preference in Mode. :cool:

Hope this helps a few out there.

Cheers
Phil