PDA

View Full Version : RhinoCam corrupt post files!

Barefootboy4
08-16-2012, 02:20 PM
I'm new to RhinoCam and have machined a few parts but lately I'm getting corrupt post. I create the file and simiulate and it all looks fine but when I run it the "Z" axis starts doing funny things like going lower than it should. I'm running 3 axis and sprial cut for a model airplane wing. I've done three no problem but now I'm getting no love. Any ideas as to what to do?
Steve in Maine

SCMW
09-05-2012, 03:15 AM
A couple of questions:
1. When you say that you've "done three no problem", do you mean that you're running duplicate parts of the same file and that your Z is going lower?

Or are you running multiple parts files that are different from every other and you're having problems with those?

Are you using 3D strategies within RhinoCAM? You might want to look at Z Containment which allows you to set the lowest point on your part so that your Z doesn't go down any further than what you set it at.

Terry

awerby
09-05-2012, 04:30 PM
What makes you think the problem is with your post-processor? When you check it, are you noticing incorrect entries which used to be correct? Does the problem go away when you replace the post with one freshly downloaded from the Mecsoft site?

Usually, problems like you describe - a Z axis drifting lower - are caused by lost step errors, coupler slippage, or a tool pulling out. If it's lost steps, you can usually resolve them in motor tuning, giving Z lower acceleration values. For the other problems, a Sharpie marker is your friend. Mark across any Z-axis attachments, and at the point your tool disappears into its holder. Any slippage becomes easily apparent.

Andrew Werby
www.computersculpture.com