PDA

View Full Version : hi all newbie question

phe259
12-06-2005, 05:59 PM
i am in the middle of building a cnc router / mill have been using turbocnc v4 for testing the axis as i build them the problem i have is having built my own electronics using uln2003a chip circuits i had to setup turbocnc using the pulse method to drive the motors i am now getting to the stage of needing 3 motors connected i used pin 2 to pin 5 for stepper 1 and pin 6 to pin 9 for the second motor but am stuck on the printer port connections for the third motor did read somewhere that you can use pin 1 pin 14 pin 16 and 17 but the configure axis menu in turbocnc only goes to pin 16???

any help would be great

Bubba
12-06-2005, 09:20 PM
You might try adding a second parallel port card and that would give you the 2-9 pins for the third motor and expansion for additional I/O for later.

vladdy
12-07-2005, 01:08 AM
I took a quick look at an older copy [ 4.01?] here and it seems a bit confusing.. the docs mention that for phase control there are two 'sample' configurations that you can load for testing, so I used the MAXNC10, and saved it to the root as turbocnc.ini..

when I looked at the axis configuration it showed the middle block of pins of X, end for Y, and first four for Z [on the phase chart].. but I didn't see anywhere that it shows what pins these drove..or how to set them..
the only thing I tried was running the fkeybit utility, but it didn't do much as I was running a dos window under 2k...

under straight dos it 'should' show you which pins are driving each axis..

enjoy..

phe259
12-07-2005, 02:25 AM
thanks all

have just ordered a new isa printer port card i read on this awesome forum that a pci card can be hard to setup so hopefully i have made the right choice.

i am assuming here that setting the motor up will be ok i.e x axis the first 4 numbers on the phase option in config port menu and y the middle 4 numbers and z the last 4 numbers and the second printer port io address