PDA

View Full Version : Dynatorch and Sheet CAM

ajclay
03-25-2012, 09:36 PM
Hey guys,

Is anybody using sheet cam with a dynatorch controller?

Dynatorch doesn't have much for post processing drawing files. Sheet CAM does a good job on tool paths along with lead ins and outs.

I would think that the torch offset should be set to 0.0 in the dynatorch tool library, but what about some of the other functions.

What about the feed rate, pierce delay.. what program should handle those functions.

I would think that the dynatorch software should, so what values should be entered in the sheet cam tool specs?

Just trying to get things straight in my head..

Thanks for the replys.

aj

ajclay
03-26-2012, 07:47 AM
My head was clearer this morning and I remembered that the IPM is defaulted to 100 using the dynatorch controller.

Sheet CAM more than likely should be set at 100ipm on all tools regardless of amps, plate thickness...

Then dynatorch can be set as usual before cutting.

I'm just not sure about the rest of the settings.

Aj

ajclay
04-02-2012, 10:08 PM
I guess I didn't ask the questions right, but today I got the dynatorch machine working great with SheetCAM.

Really one of the easiest things I've done.

I used the "dynatorch" post processor in SheetCAM.

The only thing I specified in setting up new tools was the tool compensation in sheetcam. I named the tools after the amperage for the consumables used.

Zeros were used in feed rate, pierce delay, pierce height, plung rate, cut height and the pause at end of cut.

The dynatorch controller and tool library was used as usual except I entered zero for kerf compensation on the tools.

Kerf compensation was the only thing changed in there.

Worked like a champ.

Thanks again Les for a great program. It's a million times better than the entry level DXF to G-Code that comes with the dynatorch controller.

I purchase the SheetCAM program for my buddy.

AJ