PDA

View Full Version : Fabricating Natural Stone

thoth
08-19-2003, 12:55 PM
(group)

Fabricating natural stone with a CNC. Anyone?

wms
08-19-2003, 01:06 PM
Thoth,

You got my interest. But tell me more. Are you doing it now or do you want to start doing it. Tell me about what kind of tools you use.

thoth
08-19-2003, 01:22 PM
I use a z.bavelloni EGAR 320 router CNC. 7'X11' working table size. Internal and external water cooled for the tools. Have been working production with it for 2 years now. The tools/types of tools abound for this application AKA Natural Stone. What I have found is that the Vincent Tyrolit diamonds are the best. Any profile you want you can get... However 2 1/4" is about as thick as your going to want to fabricate on the CNC because it was initially designed for glass but retrofited for stone... So as you can imagine... 2 1/4" thick of granite is a good load for it... But possible.

Thoth

Wayne Norw
02-25-2004, 05:00 PM
We have several CNC machines to cut stone with made by Brenton and Z.bavelloni. If you know of any programmers/operators please send them our way.

Thanks!

Egar Twins
07-14-2005, 11:59 AM
;o)

cnckiller
09-15-2006, 06:49 PM
I wonder how much a just trained egar operator could make?
What if he could do ALL other manual phases of stone fabrication?
From slab pickup to face polishing with cnc in between.

What price might that fetch yaaaalllllllll?

machineoperator
09-15-2006, 07:13 PM
I've been in stone fabrication for 15 years, cnc machines for 6 years, all for the same company. we use GibbsCAM for programming our two omag 3axis and brembana 5axis with lathe. We fabricate stone counter tops, dimentional limestone (finials, fireplaces, relief carvings, mouldings, ect.) and other stones We also have a scantech laser scanner and Carso CAM for reproducing reliefs. We use Rhino And Autocad for drawing. I can fabricate from drawing to cutting to polishing to install. Our company is in Michigan and I make $22.00/hr. plus benefits.

cricex
09-26-2006, 04:02 PM
what company if I might ask? I do the same thing in Michigan (use intermac JETs with autocad/intercad/stonecam along with a solid surface cnc and toolpath..)

GMRTools
10-19-2006, 07:12 PM
Hey Thoth, which Tyrolit Polishing wheels are you using? Most people I know of are using the rubber wheels. I was curious if you were using the Winner Polish wheels at all, and how they were working. I have them running on one machine now, for the "FV" profile, and the polish is coming of great.

Kevin Jr
GMR Quality Stone Products

GMRTools
10-19-2006, 07:13 PM
Machine Operator & circex, What part of Michigan are you in? Our office is in Warren.

Kev Jr
GMR

tension
04-13-2007, 09:24 AM
Z Bav. EGAR 320-4 here too. If anyone else is using the same machine I'd love to pick at your brain about it =)~

Teach me oh mighty stone-yodas !

Egar Twins
06-01-2007, 10:14 PM
tension email me...I we can share info....check the name you know Im serious!!lol