PDA

View Full Version : SheetCam troubles

DARENG
02-08-2012, 12:09 PM
Hello
I am new to CNC, and new to using these forums, I hope I am posting this in the right place, and I hope if anybody responds I can find their replies.

I am building a plasma cutter, I have downloaded SheetCam and bought the license, my problem is I can import the drawing just fine, I can set up my machine and job options but my drawing does not show tool paths, start points, or direction arrows.

When I try to run a simulation I get these warnings
1-feed rate is zero
2-drawing has no active operations
and it says postprocessing completed with two warnings

I've read into the manual, I've read a quick start set up guide, I watch tutorials, and still no success it is getting very frustrating
can someone please help me with this thanks

Galtor
02-08-2012, 12:18 PM
Sounds like you have not specified a tool yet example= jet cutting tool.
do that and you should be well on your way to having more questions.
just post them here and wait for answers.(group)

DARENG
02-08-2012, 12:21 PM
To the best of my knowledge I've specified the tools??

Galtor
02-08-2012, 12:34 PM
The job has no active operations = no operation selected. Sheet cam does not know what you want to do. Go back and look that you have a tool defined then on your operations window on the left side of the screen click the first icon and select edit see if you have the tool selected in the tool drop down box if not that is your problem, select the tool you want to use in the DDB and try to run the simulation again.

DARENG
02-08-2012, 12:36 PM
Under tools I have chosen plasma, and filled in all the specs as far as kerf width, feed rate, Pierce delay, and so on and so forth.

Under options in the basic settings, in the box that says (tool) I have T-1 plasma , the layer box is empty

Galtor
02-08-2012, 12:39 PM
Download the manual and under Tutorials follow the Jet cutting tutorial step by step,
It will answer 99.9% of the questions you will ask. If you follow that you will be good to go.

Galtor
02-08-2012, 12:40 PM
You need to select the layer of the drawing it will be on the main screen by your drawing. Most likely layer 0 or 1.

DARENG
02-08-2012, 12:50 PM
There is a box on the left side of the screen that says( layers) on it, and zero when I unchecked the box the drawing disappears when I checked the box it comes back.

DARENG
02-08-2012, 12:53 PM
I will get back into the manual

Thanks