PDA

View Full Version : newbie with bostomatic 312

GBeaman
11-07-2005, 08:45 AM
Hi all,

This is my very first post, please be patient... I have been a CNC mill operator for the last 5 years now and have gone and purchased a 1985 model bostomatic 312. I am dumb as dirt when it comes to this machine, hoping to find some people who have or have worked with these machines. It currently has a real-to-real mylar tape reader but was pre-wired for DNC capable when originally purchased. It is fourth axis capable also. I have many questions becaue I have only operated hurco machines and know very little about these types and g-code programming. I found the plug on the cabinet labeled "DNC" and it is a round type military style multi pin plug. Can I drip feed this mill from a remote slave computer through this port? If so do I need to have a cable made and how in the world would I go about finding the information to set this up? Also, on the control cabinet, there is a full size key board and a small screen...can I just G-code program the machine from there? This machine came out of the Fort Worth, TX motorola plant when it shut down in '98 and has sat since in air conditioned warehouse, what should I do before I reassemble it and try to run it? lube, warm-up, run-in cycles...etc etc etc, I have tons of questions but I guess this is good enough for a start. Also is this the right place to ask these questions? Should I be on a different forum? Thanks for all your input.
-Greg Beaman

GARG69
11-07-2005, 10:00 AM
Where are you located?

GBeaman
11-07-2005, 10:34 AM
I am located in Marble Falls, TX. The machine is in a friend's shop in Bertram about 20 miles away. Are you local? Thanks
-Greg Beaman