PDA

View Full Version : TB6560 from eBay

Mjolinor
01-07-2012, 03:59 AM
I bought these from eBay.

5-AXIS (TB6560) CNC DRIVER BOARD 4 STEPPER MOTOR ROUTER | eBay (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110803824236&fromMakeTrack=true)

According to the blerb they automatically reduce the current to the stepper if the stepper is stationary. They got the PCB wrong so under normal running the current to the stepper is 50% and switches to 100% when the stepper is not moving.

The fix is to lift pin 6 of the hex inverter and connect pin5 to the pin 6 pad. Works sweet then.

Mjolinor
01-07-2012, 04:06 AM
Also perhaps worth a mention. If you bought these

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/33749-mjolinor/albums/pics/5609-faulty.jpg

and they are the same as mine then the chip marked with the red circle has no power supply to it.

You can probably guess I had a diddly of an evening last night trying to get things working properly.

James Newton
01-08-2012, 10:05 PM
So what would you consider selling those boards for? The modified, working versions, I mean. If you take the cost plus shipping of the originals, add your time in modifying them, then a bit extra for profit, what would you sell a modified working set for?

Mjolinor
01-09-2012, 03:22 AM
So what would you consider selling those boards for? The modified, working versions, I mean. If you take the cost plus shipping of the originals, add your time in modifying them, then a bit extra for profit, what would you sell a modified working set for?

Far better to buy some that work, there are plenty out there. I only posted as a warning against buying or for people that have already bought.

As I am in the UK and you are in the US it makes no sense to buy from China, ship to UK, mod and post to US but if anyone in the UK has any and they are not able to mod themselves then I will do it for postage costs, it really is very trivial. << Hopes that isn't a huge can of worms I just opened.

agguilar
03-02-2012, 03:41 PM
hi, i have one of this board, i purchase from a seller on ebay and they work grate with some modification on the driver, but right now i have a problem i was not using my cnc machine for some time and just now i trie to connect the board to my computer and is not responding the red lights turn on but can get the motors to turn, i dont know if is a problem wit mi xp computer because i modifies to make it run faster is there a way to know if the board is ok or the computer is the problem???? i trie the lock test in mach3 and nothing i get a error that reads limit switch active or something like that. please help. thanks

Mjolinor
03-05-2012, 07:07 AM
hi, i have one of this board, i purchase from a seller on ebay and they work grate with some modification on the driver, but right now i have a problem i was not using my cnc machine for some time and just now i trie to connect the board to my computer and is not responding the red lights turn on but can get the motors to turn, i dont know if is a problem wit mi xp computer because i modifies to make it run faster is there a way to know if the board is ok or the computer is the problem???? i trie the lock test in mach3 and nothing i get a error that reads limit switch active or something like that. please help. thanks

The opto isolators on the driver board are prone to going, check that. I just removed it and shorted it out on mine as they are all run from the same power supply anyway.

tranber28
03-05-2012, 10:42 AM
The opto isolators on the driver board are prone to going, check that. I just removed it and shorted it out on mine as they are all run from the same power supply anyway.

hello
could you tell me how you did?
easily explain it to me knowing that I do not know much about ....
thank you

Mjolinor
03-05-2012, 10:50 AM
Is your driver board the same as the ones in the eBay link in my first post?

If so then the opto is (IIRC) the 8 pin DIL near to the ribbon cable from the computer. It's output will not be 0 or 5 volts if it is blown, it will be somewhere in between or the output will not change when the input does.

Get the number, Google for a datasheet, read what it does and see if it does it.

If you don't know anything about electronics then I really would advise against getting involved.

France is too far for you to bring it here (UK). I really don't know what to suggest.

tranber28
03-05-2012, 10:59 AM
hello
thank you for your reply
this is not the same as in your post but I thought that this could be just the same thing for me because looking on the internet I found this:

Single or multiple axes are not locked
Optical-coupling is ok, check the axis of evil Corresponding 74LS14 chip is soldered or welded poorly
Check whether the Corresponding pin 74LS14 chip are connected to Properly driver chip

The engine is not running, Corresponding light pulse axis is normal When There Is No pulse

the pull-up resistor coupled optical pulse is M Corresponding axis is broken or poorly welded
Measure the voltage Before the optical-coupling, if normal, the Corresponding optical pulse-pair is not correct, if abnormal, the front ends of 74LS14 are welded poorly or poorly welded

The engine is not running, When Generating pulse, the light pulse Normally Corresponding axis is low:
LED is broken or poorly welded
Measure the voltage Before the optical-coupling, if normal, the Corresponding optical pulse-pair is not correct, if abnormal, the front ends of 74LS14 are welded poorly or poorly welded

and this characterizes exactly my problem!
So it seemed to me that this could be the same optical-coupler

thank you for answered