PDA

View Full Version : My first CNC Mill

crob09
01-06-2012, 03:46 PM
I will have more pictures soon on the website but to view my first CNC mill please check out what is a cnc (http://www.whatisacnc.com)
There will be a lathe added soon!:D

Al_The_Man
01-06-2012, 03:59 PM
If you don't mind some criticism of your site, some of the explanations are rather vague, many bordering on the inaccurate, some definitions need qualification.
In the past I have seen many such similar web sites and I have the impression they have been created by those learning the art of CNC machinery through the DIY experience, and many definitions come about by hearsay or assumption, Although I applaud your effort to enlighten, but many times, in the past anyway, this has led to others taking the information as gospel.
Al.

crob09
01-06-2012, 05:48 PM
Hi Al I like the criticism!
Thanks for your feedback.
You are right I am pretty new to all this and I only know based on trial and error along with some research. I do not assume anything or make things up, the experience is hands on; or found by online study. I am constantly adding and modifying things in the hopes that I will help people with their next CNC project.
I am also always interested in having people post and elaborate on anything they like. Registration is easy and free.

Just wondering if you could elaborate on your comments so I can make things better for people visiting.
What do you feel I should expand on?
Do you see content that is inaccurate and if so what?

I will be elaborating soon on how I constructed the Milling machine you see on the main page, I suppose it is like a "Rep-Strap" machine so it will be open source.
For those of you wondering what a Rep-Strap is please look into the Rep-Rap Wiki.
I will be posting more information on my 3D printer and scanner soon.

Thanks again Al!