PDA

View Full Version : RFQ:aluminum blanks

p38nut
01-03-2012, 08:28 AM
I have a need for some aluminum blanks to be use for the base of a fishing lure. Material is .023 soft aluminum. The holes in these are .093 (3/32). I think a waterjet is probably the quickest and cheapest. I would be looking for a sample of 10 and main run could go as high as 1000. If the lure takes off could be a lot more. I have a V-Carve Pro file already done and can send that or a CNC file with about any Post Processor that Vectric supports. The lure is approx. 2" long and 3/4" tall. If there are any questions, please let me know. Thanks. Mike:idea:

bravogifts
01-04-2012, 01:08 PM
Hi Mike,

PM sent, please check.

Also wondering what kind of surface finishing and tolerance you require?

Thanks,
Hugo

p38nut
01-05-2012, 08:27 AM
Hi Mike,

PM sent, please check.

Also wondering what kind of surface finishing and tolerance you require?

Thanks,
Hugo

Surface finish is just the raw aluminum sheet. Tolerance is not critical, 5-10 thousandths. Here is another picture of the lure in VCP.
Thanks. Mike

rowbare
01-05-2012, 09:06 AM
Once you get the first samples made and you have tested your design, I think you would be better off having a die made so you can stamp these.

bob

p38nut
01-05-2012, 10:37 AM
Once you get the first samples made and you have tested your design, I think you would be better off having a die made so you can stamp these.

bob

You could be correct. Quantity at each run will be a big factor. We'll just have to look at each option. Thanks. Mike