PDA

View Full Version : RFQ: Aluminium Cover

Incredible Hulk
12-24-2011, 01:27 AM
Hi guys,

I'm looking for something relatively simple to be done in 6mm thick aluminium (or steel if its alot cheaper) the size is about 40cm x 13cm
http://www.hulkperformance.com/cover.jpg

I also have the DXF file for this: cover.dxf (http://www.hulkperformance.com/cover.dxf)

I'm in Australia though, so please also quote roughly on shipping costs to Canberra ACT 2615.

Cheers,
Ben

Mike4703
12-31-2011, 08:01 PM
The dxf file doesn't download for me--just a blank page

Incredible Hulk
12-31-2011, 08:04 PM
Right click save as

Mike4703
01-01-2012, 11:17 PM
Ok, I was able to save it to my desktop. I use Rhino so it had to be imported and the thickness data didn't show right but the top views are ok. So I could make this very easy--one big problem I looked up UPS shipping to Australia, and it's going to be $90-100 for this! I'm starting my own business so looking for work and will work at cost in this case just to put it on the books, but I think the shipping is going to sink this. There must be someone near you that can make this for less than the shipping alone.
Quick dimensions:
length = 15.7 in
width = 4.98 in

circular recesses .63 in
holes .2 in

Mike4703
01-01-2012, 11:27 PM
Ok now I feel stupid. I forgot you originally posted in metric when I was dealing with the file. Doesn't matter--the conversions work out. I just wanted to check against your dimensions because of the format differences. But it does bring up a question--my stock is not 6mm but .25 in which is really close but slightly less.

Incredible Hulk
01-01-2012, 11:41 PM
Hi Mike,
0.25" is fine.

Where I am in Australia (Canberra), there isn't alot. There are probably places in Australia but I'm a newbie and don't know where to look, so I branched out to see what I can get in America.

Mike4703
01-02-2012, 12:01 AM
Ok I'll do it for $20.00 plus shipping assuming it is going to be $90-$100--special one time price for the reasons stated in case others are reading this. But no returns unless I didn't make it to our agreed upon specs. Please double check all dimensions and features. I will make it exactly like you say! If you like I can send you a dimensioned version so you can see what I have. It will take me a week to make it once we agree on everything. (I'm not in the shop full time, only weekends) I will get it shipped asap but it will take from one to two weeks at least to get to you. Finish will be cleaned and brushed, but I can polish it if you like. Anything else is going to make this take too long unless you just got to have it powder coated or something for more money.

Incredible Hulk
01-02-2012, 12:17 AM
I've sent you a PM Mike.

Incredible Hulk
01-04-2012, 01:59 AM
Job awarded, thanks to everyone who quoted.