PDA

View Full Version : Simulation question

LatheCrasher
12-10-2011, 11:09 AM
Does Esprit 2009 have the capability of capturing or "freezing" the graphics after simulating an operation? Displaying the solid block created in simulation parameters with the stock removed by previous program operations. On a complex part I have trouble visualizing the in work progress without running the simulation repeatedly. This is a crazy thought but I had to ask.

dcoupar
12-10-2011, 05:00 PM
I believe that capability was new in Esprit 2010. It's called Stock Automation, and it works very well.

You should be able to simulate each operation or each tool by setting the Multi Step Mode to Tool Change or Operation in the Simulation Parameters Step Control. Then use the Multiple Steps button rather than the Run button.

LatheCrasher
12-13-2011, 11:46 AM
Thanks, it does work with 2009 also. Not exactly what I was asking but like this way of running simulation.

rhipsher
03-01-2012, 09:41 PM
Yes. After you simulate the operations go to the advanced simulation toolbar. Then select save as simulated state. Nothing to it. You can also highlight only the operations you want to run. Press play but don't press stop. Then you can save as simulated state. I've been programming with Esprit since the Esprit X days before all the pretty cartoons.