PDA

View Full Version : CAM, Postprocessor & Mikini

adorsett
12-02-2011, 11:43 PM
I wanted to find out what CAM software you guys are using for the Mikini. I know Phil offers a discount on VisualMill and I've been evaluating it while I wait on my order, but I'm not sure it's for me. I've also been testing SprutCAM 7 and I'm leaning towards that because I'm finding it easier. I'm concerned though because I don't see a postprocessor for the Mikini and I'm scared to ask them how much it costs to create one. Thoughts?

Thanks!
Andrew

slowtwitch
12-03-2011, 07:45 AM
I'm currently using CamBam and I've been playing around with Rhino. As for the postprocessor, I use what ever there is for Mach3.

mcphill
12-05-2011, 09:38 PM
I am using BobCAD and for the most part it is OK. The interface is "quirky", but it does get the job done. They have a MACH3 post, but they also offer posts for free.

I will be getting Sprut - I want 4th and 5th axis support (not offered by BobCAD). I am SURE they have a post, as that is what comes with the Tormach - the same post should work for the Mikini (both run on MACH3). Also, you can get a better price if you buy from Tormach than if you buy from Sprut directly. Tormach offers great support for Sprut as well.

MichaelHenry
12-06-2011, 06:21 PM
Doesn't SprutCAM have a post for Mach3?

Index of ./download/sprutcam/PostProcessors/ (http://download.sprutcam.com/index.php?dir=sprutcam/PostProcessors/)

If you go that way, it might pay to get the version that allows you to customise the post processor, just in case there is something special about the way Mikini implements Mach.

Mike

mcphill
12-06-2011, 10:17 PM
There is nothing special. I built my own computer for the Mikini, and it is a bone stock MACH setup. The bone stock MACH post for BobCAD works just fine as well.