PDA

View Full Version : First thing done on my router

wedge
10-12-2005, 11:58 PM
Here is one of the first things done on my machine, its simple and easy to do I know, but its my first, its done with Deskengrave. Must be the easiest thing to do in cnc, but I m learning still. This was done with a pen taped to the machine.

http://www.cnczone.com/gallery/data/500/medium/cncname.jpg

Aksess
10-13-2005, 12:20 AM
Great job wedge Keep us informed of your progress!

wedge
10-13-2005, 12:58 AM
Thanks, I just need some help on going from dxf files to gcode, I did it once with ace converter, and went into Turbocnc, and it wouldn't recognize the file, ace puts out a .txt file, so I renamed it .cnc, is this what I should be doing? Any tips.

Thanks

Will

CNCRob
10-13-2005, 04:47 PM
Looks great wedge. Im not sure about .cnc I have never tried that extension before. I usually just put .nc on the end of mine, and at work we use .anc.

Jason Marsha
10-13-2005, 07:13 PM
Great start. Pics of the machine?

jason

ger21
10-13-2005, 07:22 PM
Thanks, I just need some help on going from dxf files to gcode, I did it once with ace converter, and went into Turbocnc, and it wouldn't recognize the file, ace puts out a .txt file, so I renamed it .cnc, is this what I should be doing? Any tips.

Thanks

Will

You can set up TurboCNC to use any extension you like. Change it under Configue>General Config.

Also, when saving the g-code from ACE, you can use any extension you want. Just put quotes around the filename, like "sample.cnc". If you don't use the quotes, it will save it as sample.cnc.txt.

wedge
10-13-2005, 08:26 PM
Ok, thanks guys, i will try that. I will get some pics of the machine. and post them too.

Will

spalm
10-13-2005, 11:01 PM
Great job Will, that is one of the best first pen plots I've seen.

If you want some other quick .cnc files to plot, you could try my little toy here (http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=107320&postcount=109). It lives over in the Club House thread.

Steve

wedge
10-14-2005, 01:16 AM
Hey thanks, I looked at your toy thing, I am a little unsure what to do with it.

Will

spalm
10-14-2005, 10:58 AM
Hey Will, sorry about the lack of documentation.

For a quick spirograph, just start the program, click Spiro, and then click Save. This will generate a file (spiro.cnc) with the 4 loops as shown in the window. Or change the LittleDim box to .5 or .25, click Clear, click Spiro, and then click Save to generate a larger design.

Another easy one is to click Clear, change the NumSpoke count to 12, click Spokes, click DrawLittleD, click DrawBigD, click Fit, and then click Save.

You may want to change the Speed box to a lower number if you want to go slower. I am also referring to the original version from the zip in inches.

Steve

wedge
10-14-2005, 09:36 PM
Ok, thanks, I will give it a try.

Will