PDA

View Full Version : NCPlot v2 beta 13 now available

MetLHead
10-11-2005, 07:45 PM
download it at www.ncplot.com

New for Beta 13

The Mirror, Rotate, Shift and Scale tools now handle G91 moves.

The viewport refreshes after switching configurations.

Some speed improvement to the Isometric view.

Added support for Auto Radius and Auto Chamfer. This is a feature on many controls that allows you to automatically create a blend radius or chamfer between two consecutive G01 blocks. To use this, simply add a R or C value to a G01 block. The blend is created between this block and the following block. Nothing is created if the following block is not a G01 block.

NCPlot will now flag an error message when it encounters invalid characters in the program.

Jason Marsha
10-22-2005, 07:38 AM
Great software MetLHead. I am, however, having a small problem with viewing the curves created in the Spiro program Spalm wrote over in the CNCzone Club House. The curves show up normally in Mach 3, but are distorted in NCPlot. Here is the link , Post #109 contains the zip file of the program.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?p=110301#post110301

Jason

MetLHead
10-22-2005, 11:13 AM
Jason,

Try setting the machine configuration to Mill. Click the current configuration pane in the status bar and then click Mill on the menu that pops up. Some of the address values in the program do not have decimal points. The default settings assume a decimal place of .0001 units. The Mill setup has this setting at 1.0, so that values with no decimals are interpreted as whole numbers.

I did this, and while it drew correctly, I still got some arc errors. I will look into this and fix it for the next beta.

Regards,
Scott

Jason Marsha
10-22-2005, 12:51 PM
Thanks Scott! It worked.

Jason

MetLHead
10-22-2005, 01:05 PM
Jason,

After looking at this a little more, I realized that NCPlot didn't like the Z value being included in the G02/G03 block. This is because NCPlot doesn't currently support helical arc moves. To avoid getting the arc error message you can set the arc tolerance to a large number. This is on Setup | Machine configuration. Click the Control Options tab and set the arc tolerance to a large value, like 99.0.

Scott