PDA

View Full Version : Reprap

Stevetotheo
09-09-2011, 12:41 PM
Is anyone here working on a reprap? If so what hardware are you using? I had a bunch of bare v2.3 stepper drivers made up a while back. My plan was to use them in my CNC build but I abandoned my table design at the time and have since started a new 8020 t-slot build.

Eventually I would like to make it a 3d printer as well but Ive got to get it built first.

Feel free to check out my blog. Links in my signature.

Steve-O

emorning
09-09-2011, 01:58 PM
Many(Most?) reprap folks use ReplicatorG (http://replicat.org/). ReplicatorG generates G-Code from various 3D and 2D files and can send the code to your machine.

Stevetotheo
09-09-2011, 02:52 PM
Thanks for the heads up!

Steve-O

wildstyle69
09-09-2011, 03:09 PM
I have a couple repraps I built about a year ago.....they work great

One is using makerbot Gen2 steppers (V2.3) and the other has RAMPS and arduino. Both print really nice parts, only thing with the machine with Gen2 electronics is its a bit noisy compared the RAMPS setup.

emorning
09-09-2011, 04:59 PM
I just realized that I totally misread your post - I thought you asked what software people use.
I have previously built my own CNC router, now I have done some research and bought parts for a Prusa RepRap machine (the easiest RepRap to build).
I bought prebuild complete electronics and drivers from ultimachine.com for $200.
You could use those drivers for building a Prusa but it will only save you about $45 out of the approximate $550 it will cost to built a Prusa from parts.

Stevetotheo
09-11-2011, 07:45 AM
No worries man. What all have you guys made with the extruder?

Steve-O

Fastest1
09-11-2011, 10:47 AM
I am about to make 1 using a Stepstruder MK6 head and Mach 3. More of a repstrap. I plan on using the Mach 3 add on. It will slice your file and develop the toolpath. The way I understand it anyway.