PDA

View Full Version : Wouldn't it be nice if..

SPEEDRE
08-21-2011, 09:22 AM
Wouldn't it be nice if some manufacturer would produce a small spindle motor for us DIY cnc'ers that was relatively light weight and moderately priced. One h.p. variable speed, with an E11 collet would be a great start. Also I'd like a 3d printer head like the ones used in Z type printers. The ones that spray the adhesives on a thin layer of material. I know, I'm dreaming, and the retail cost of such things would be above the hobbyist or diy'er would be able to afford. But, as an old machinist once told me, "it don't cost money to dream".

ger21
08-21-2011, 09:29 AM
Wouldn't it be nice if some manufacturer would produce a small spindle motor for us DIY cnc'ers that was relatively light weight and moderately priced. One h.p. variable speed, with an E11 collet would be a great start

0.8KW WATER-COOL SPINDLE MOTOR ENGRAVING MILL GRIND f3 | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/0-8KW-WATER-COOL-SPINDLE-MOTOR-ENGRAVING-MILL-GRIND-f3-/320642799625?pt=UK_BOI_Industrial_Automation_Control_ET&hash=item4aa7ccd809)

I've heard that some sellers will accept very low offers. Shipping is high, but you can probably get one of these for close to $100 + shipping. Of course, you will need a VFD. But the spindle is exactly what you're asking for, at a price that's comparable to a Bosch Colt ( + shipping)

SPEEDRE
08-28-2011, 09:53 AM
Great price but I think it's 3 phase. Not shop friendly.

ger21
08-28-2011, 09:58 AM
Most people run them from single phase VFD's. I think you can run up to a 5HP spindle from single phase.