PDA

View Full Version : keeping this madcam forum active

williamsmotower
08-20-2011, 10:45 AM
This cam program must be too good and easy to use, has to be reason this forum doesn't get many questions!

The reason for this thread is I have madcam running with mach3 on a modified IHCNC 5 axis trunnion. Hopefully within a month everything will be up and running.

I come here everyday looking for tips, tricks on using madcam. It would be nice for madcam users to post their trials and tribulations to help our madcam community grow!

Hopefully ill be contributing soon!

svenakela
08-20-2011, 10:57 AM
I put examples over at MADCAMCNC (http://madcamcnc.blogspot.com) (it's my blog) and at the moment I have gone through way too much work to have the time to add new vid's. But that will be better soon, I'm soon done with ugly projects. :)

williamsmotower
08-20-2011, 11:14 AM
Perfect! I know you're a big asset to madcam and I thank you!

Dan B
08-26-2011, 08:54 PM
Keep posting your questions here. Personally, I try to monitor the forum daily and I'll throw my 2 cents worth in if I can. Maybe specific questions on how to do certain things would prompt some tips and tricks?

mspaw
09-20-2011, 04:42 PM
Im recently, new to the software as well an would love to see more traffic.

-Michael

svenakela
10-19-2011, 06:01 AM
Ok, trying to be more active with my own blogging (http://madcamcnc.blogspot.com) after a hectic season. The plan is at least one new video example every week posted on the blog. Here's the latest.
Roughing, Z-level and Planar Finishing in MadCAM - YouTube

It's more of a recap of the basics without touching details too much.

Dan B
10-19-2011, 06:06 AM
I just watched this video this morning. It gave a nice demonstration on the new coloured material removal in the simulation. It occurred to me that most people new to 4.3 may not know how to set the colour to the tool. It may be a good topic for a future video.

Dan

svenakela
10-19-2011, 06:57 AM
I just watched this video this morning. It gave a nice demonstration on the new coloured material removal in the simulation. It occurred to me that most people new to 4.3 may not know how to set the colour to the tool. It may be a good topic for a future video.

Dan

Good idea! :)

Dan B
10-26-2011, 10:44 AM
Nice job on the latest video! Demonstrating the stock model was a nice bonus.

Dan