PDA

View Full Version : RFQ: multi axis parts in 6061

flathead
08-18-2011, 10:29 AM
I would like to get some quotes on making 20 of these parts. The shape of the parts will require multi-axis machining. The part is 3.375" tall x 2.75" dia with the boss protruding from the side at a 45 degree angle. There are threaded holes on the top, bottom and sides.

Tolerances of +-.005, except for the center bore which needs to be +.002 -.000. No surface treatments necessary. You will need to provide the material.

The part is currently modeled in solidworks, but I can provide CAD model in whatever format you need.

I have an immediate need for the initial order of 20 parts. Based on the success of the initial order, there is potential for additional orders of larger quantities. I would like to limit the RFQ to the USA.

thanks

cutting edge
08-19-2011, 10:52 AM
Sent you a PM.

ieojk
08-26-2011, 11:07 AM
Why do not you consider making it in China?
I frequently make prototype plastic parts air send to USA because our price is still very competitive EVEN after adding freight.
And Chinese mold industry is huge different than 20 years ago, most of technique and equipment is coming up rapidly.

If interested please send CAD/prt/igs file to plasmold@126.com thanks, Harry

Pyrokuda
08-26-2011, 01:04 PM
Careful.. the darkside is calling for you....
;)

azmachining
08-26-2011, 08:32 PM
Why do not you consider making it in China?
I frequently make prototype plastic parts air send to USA because our price is still very competitive EVEN after adding freight.
And Chinese mold industry is huge different than 20 years ago, most of technique and equipment is coming up rapidly.

If interested please send CAD/prt/igs file to plasmold@126.com thanks, Harry

Yeah he could, then before you know it his idea is all over the place and he made no money.

flathead
08-26-2011, 09:05 PM
Ieojk,
With all due respect, China is the biggest reason the USA is in the horrible economic condition its in. I, for one, don't plan on sending ANY work to China. I want to do my part to keep Americans working.

Sorry if that offends anyone, but that's the way I feel.

Thanks

annoying
08-26-2011, 10:12 PM
Ieojk,
With all due respect, China is the biggest reason the USA is in the horrible economic condition its in. I, for one, don't plan on sending ANY work to China. I want to do my part to keep Americans working.

Thanks

There ya go. Except I do not blame China, they are just doing what they can to move up. It's the penny pinching money hungry people here in the states. China folk are the tempters

ieojk
08-26-2011, 11:13 PM
Ieojk,

Thanks

Thanks for sharing opinion.
1, For people like us individual: business is business, all are thinking about enlarge profit. you are tring to be a leaf bring back spring going to summer.
2, Even if not China acts the biggest exporting country, as long as the international trade exits and human power differential among nations, another country will act the same thing.
So it is a big climate beyond our ability.

flathead
09-08-2011, 02:37 PM
This RFQ has been closed. The job has been awarded. Thanks to all of you who quoted.