PDA

View Full Version : RFQ: CNC Cut of Renshape

mechie.dc
07-20-2011, 10:50 AM
Hey Guys,

I'm looking to get an airfoil shaped cut of Renshape. I need it to be 13" at peak and 8' long. What kind of prices would be appropriate? And, if another material might be better suited to machining at these dimensions, I welcome suggestions. I'll need the finished cut in Pittsburgh by September, so it would be best if I could find a CNC machine shop near the city. Feel free to share any experiences with or opinions you have about Renshape or CNC machining on this scale.

Thanks,
Mechie

Pyrokuda
07-20-2011, 01:23 PM
Hello,

I have access to a large 5axis router. I can quote the job for you if you send me a print. As far as what material to use: Will this be a buck/mold? Or the actual part? I am in the western side of Columbus so I am relativity close to you.

Please send file to briscoe_machining@hotmail.com
Or call me at 614-282-6862

Brad

Briscoe Machining LLC
Columbus Ohio

dpryor
07-20-2011, 03:27 PM
Mechie,
We are in Akron (OH) and machine REN shape all of the time. Our largest machine can fit up to 11 feet in length as a single piece. Send us a drawing, sketch, or CAD data and we'll work you up a price.

Thanks,

mechie.dc
07-21-2011, 03:48 PM
The renshape cut will be used to make a mold, from which I will be making several models of the same shape using different materials. So, the renshape will need to have some heat tolerance (at most up to 250-300 Fahrenheit) as well as resistance to compression, but I'm really only using it once. Maybe twice if I decide to make some minor structural changes to the base shape. Even so I really can't deal with any warping at any point in the process.

I have sent both of you images of the base shape.

Mechie