PDA

View Full Version : Wec-im

Hworks
07-16-2011, 06:25 PM
Can someone point me in the right direction, I have loaded Wecim twice now trying to find the tutorial or full PDF which I am supposed to have, help and contents both offer nothing?
Today I watched the video from the DT website then followed the instructions on loading a file, however a drawing template saved as a dxf from plasmamate doesn't jive, I'm told it is an incorrect file name and can go no further.
I have yet to produce a drawing from my turbo cad to see what happens.
WSS, Magma- joe do u do all your drawing in we-cim or just use it to prepare for cutting?

Hworks

WSS
07-16-2011, 08:16 PM
Hworks,

we-cim will import dxf, dwg and mm2 (we-cim makes this one w/leads) files. cnc files do not work I think. I use cuttingshop and autocad to make files for we-cim. There is a lot to learn here, but trust me in the end you will be pleased. I would suggest the on-line/internet training from Gary if you cannot get back to Ky. That is all I have had the chance to do. It is reasonable and packed with needed info. I would do it in 2hr sessions and not right on top of each other. This way you can digest the learned material and be ready with more questions the next round. I have done this two or three times and learn more than I expected each time. He is also really good at the cuttingshop software which ties in good as a package.

WSS

Hworks
07-16-2011, 09:50 PM
WSS

thanks for the reply, I think a trip to Paducah in the fall might be best. I received the Wecim back in May and emailed Gary at the time because I could not locate the tutorial, he replied that it is on the disc supplied but I don't see anything?
I viewed the cut pieces you showed recently when explaining about your file to cut process, they looked sharp, are you still using a pm1650? I cut some 1-1/8 material today which cut clean with my new duramax torch, only areas needing improvement would be the lead outs which I think we-cim will help with.

WSS
07-17-2011, 05:18 PM
One thing to consider with on-line training w/Gary is that it is on your computer, at your shop (he connects to your computer and watches you work the software and takes over when help is needed). You could pay for 40hrs of training with the cost of going to Ky (from so cal anyway).

Yes, I still have my 1650, I don't use it much but I do like it. When it is running, I generally use the 60amp parts. A question for you when cutting 1/2" plate, how fast do you cut with 65amp and 85amp parts? I use the60amp parts and travel 24ipm. This gives me a near square bevel and really nice cuts. I hear that the duramax torch has near perfect cuts on 1/2" with the 85amp parts, this would be a worth while expense due to the increased speed alone.

What do you think??

The lead feature in we-cim is pretty vast. I will usually do a manual lead in if it is small holes needing close tolerance. The DT has good motion and does well with small holes in thick plate. When you do a lot of the same thing you can build different lead parameters to match and that saves quite a bit of time. One of our customers sends us rems/drops from there big (12x40) table for us to make parts for them (the DT runs circles around their table) and the shapes are varied, I nest the first sheet and run it, while the machine is cutting I use the same file to make the next .cnc cut file just changing dimensions. This helps as you use the same mm2 and leads just change the plate size and go.

WSS