PDA

View Full Version : Kinda Pissed.... With Limits and Offsets...

sunmix
09-15-2005, 06:16 AM
Okay, this is the thing....

I have my Mach2 set up for routing... Everytime I reboot Mach2, my machine coordinate will change.... So, I couldn't set any offset position... So, I have to use switches for homing the axes.... But everytime it homes.... Every axis will smash the switches and stop. I've spoiled a lot of switches. I'm not blaming Mach2 and Art, I just want to know how to solve it... Please... Help me someone...

ger21
09-15-2005, 07:50 AM
If you manually push the switch before the machine hits it, what happens? Does it stop?

ynneb
09-15-2005, 08:53 AM
Mach2 alows you to set the homing speed to a slower speed if you want. Its somewhere in the settings, I remember seeing it. If you still cant find it ill send you note down a description where to find it.

I never use offsets, I always manually position the tool to the corner of the material to be cut, no matter where it is on the table.

ynneb
09-15-2005, 08:57 AM
Set the percentage to say 5% and see what happens.

HuFlungDung
09-15-2005, 12:07 PM
Your machine axis should not be dead-ended against the limit switches. Use a positive mechanical bumper to limit the extreme axis movement, and use some kind of an actuation lever or ramp to operate the switch as the machine moves past it.

Mariss Freimanis
09-15-2005, 02:10 PM
Homing switches have to have some over-run area behind them. Here's how a typical homing routine runs:

1) On "Home" command, accelerate and run towards the home switch.
2) Home switch active? No: repeat (2), Yes: go to (3)
3) Decelerate to a stop. Reverse direction.
4) Move 1 step.
5) Home switch active? Yes: go to (4), No: go to (6)
6) Stop. Clear the axis position counter. You are at the 'Home' position.

I think it's clear from this the axis must over run the home switch. It then backs off of the switch one step at a time until it finally comes off of the switch.

Mariss

sunmix
09-17-2005, 12:48 PM
Wow, thanks for all the replies... I have to try everything out, and I will give u the answer ASAP. Thanks guys!