PDA

View Full Version : Problem mp3000 test led for THC

brogger00
06-24-2011, 11:58 AM
Hi All,

Extremely new to CNC, I have a 5'x10' plasma table with hypertherm 1650 and using mach3 with mp3000 and thc from CandCNC.

I was able to get the table to do everything that I wanted it to using mach3 in the mp3000 basic profile. I then hooked up dthc and following dthc manual tried to run the test on mp3000 and test LED did not light up. I checked the dthc and the torch LED is lit, the Arc ok is not (even when i connect to plasma machine). Also when I open the mp3000-dthc profile in mach3 i get the dthc light blinking along with UP, but not DOWN or Arc ok.

Another issue I have is that the plasma table will not jog at all in the
mp3000-dthc profile. On Diag screen there are no inputs. I am assuming this is due to some small setting that I missed. It comes out of emergency mode but will not move.

I have also posted on CandCNCsupport forum

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brendan

elkoss
07-08-2011, 08:00 AM
Hi,

I have similar setup with Hypertherm 45 and candcnc DTHC (MP-3000). It took me few days to set-up everything right.

The point you may check is if your serial comm is running --> on MACH3 main screen the DTHC up should lite green all the time. If not, check your settings in win/control panel. Maybe IRQ conflict as it was my case.

Reply if you have found a solution.

Regards,

Jure

brogger00
07-11-2011, 08:18 AM
Hi,

I have similar setup with Hypertherm 45 and candcnc DTHC (MP-3000). It took me few days to set-up everything right.

The point you may check is if your serial comm is running --> on MACH3 main screen the DTHC up should lite green all the time. If not, check your settings in win/control panel. Maybe IRQ conflict as it was my case.

Reply if you have found a solution.

Regards,

Jure

Hi Elkoss,

Thanks for the advice.

I should have updated the thread as I was able to solve my problems. I am not sure what I did exactly but it worked. I just took the mp-3000 apart to look inside of it and make sure all the proper LEDs were lit, then pushed the button and the test LED worked. Also the DTHC online was always lit in Mach3.

Thanks,

Brendan

elkoss
07-11-2011, 01:00 PM
Hi Brendan,

I have one .tap file made in sheetcam that my CNC doesn't follow.

Is it ok if I send it to you to try it on your machine?

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,

Jure

brogger00
07-12-2011, 08:24 AM
Hi Jure,

I would like to try out your file but the machine I use is only available at my job, as a result the only thing that can be cut out are work related items. Feel free to send me the file and I can take a look at it to see if my plasma CNC has any issues with it.

Best,

Brendan

Bigjerry
10-16-2013, 09:20 PM
Just bought the MP3000 from CandCNC and the Floating head unit.
Now everything is hooked up but the Arc Ok wont come on and the tourch on LED light wont come on the Mach 3 screen and the THC sensor PWM modual.

Cant figure this out, please getting very frustrated. Everything worked just fine before hooking all this up and now I am at a loss.

Thanks
Jerry

402-806-7255

If anyone know how to walk me threw this I would really be a happy camper.