PDA

View Full Version : Problem Need advice

paynebros
05-19-2011, 11:24 AM
I have 2 problems w/ tree journeyman w/ delta 20 control. When I drip feed and allow the transfer rate down to 300 I cant get the computer to pause and wait as I do a tool change and the memory fills up before i can get it going again. Is there a pause mechanism to allow for the changes? I also had a program accidentally loaded in that has a space in the name. I cant call it up to delete it because I don't have a space key. Any way to delete this? Thanks for the advice.:withstupi

T0DD
05-19-2011, 01:18 PM
Greetings-
As far as baud rate, leave it at 4800 and use software flow control and on transmit use "wait for Xon".

For deleting the file, power down the machine and pull the AA size battery out of the control box located in the electrical cabinet. You will only lose stored programs and offsets and such, not any axis compensation values or anything like that.
There might be other ways, but this will do it.

Good Luck

Todd

jagardner4
05-20-2011, 09:24 AM
The INCR key can be used in the Catalog mode to put a space into a program title.

paynebros
05-20-2011, 11:10 PM
I guess sometimes it is the little things that make me happy. Now I need to work out the issue with why my machine is not sending signals back too the pc. I tried to record a program back to the PC from the controller and it did nothing. Will it be a loose connection or do I have a wire connected wrong? I have my manual but am not exactly clear what could possibly be wrong. Thanks. Oh, by the way I can send small programs at different speeds and have my settings: 8 xon xoff no parity and it works great, just gives a overflow error when I try a large 3d programs and need to stop for a tool change. It just keeps running until it is full without sending the stop or pause signal. Thanks for any advice!:drowning:

jagardner4
05-22-2011, 09:48 PM
The same line used to send a program from the CNC to a computer is used to send the stop and start characters when you are using software control. So if you can't send a program that way, you're not going to be successful with software control.

You can go one of two ways:

1.) Figure out what's wrong with the transmission of characters from the CNC to the computer. It could be wired incorrectly or, worst case, the IC chip is faulty and can receive, but can't send.

2.) Try hardware control. Do this by turning off XON/XOFF at the control (select X0 instead of X1 on the Load parameters). Now the CTS (Clear to Send) line will toggle on and off to control the data flow. Check the DynaPath website (dynapath.com) under Control Support, Serial Ports and Buffered Input to get the proper pin (probably pin 5).

There's alot of other information on serial ports on this page as well.

paynebros
05-23-2011, 01:20 PM
It seems to be the advice I received as well as a different source at work, Thanks