PDA

View Full Version : Help with Mach 3

mikesos1
08-29-2005, 09:27 PM
I have just upgraded my system to the Mach 3 release v.1.0. A couple of things are going on that I cannot figure out.

First, I think the Safe Z height keeps changing. On the Corrections page I set the Safe Z at +2.0000. But when I hit the Goto safe Z button the spindle will go to +4 or 5. This crashes my small Taig mill.

Second, The Jog Mode button does not allow me to jog incremental, the button toggles between continuous and nothing.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks,

Mike

ynneb
08-29-2005, 09:32 PM
Press the tab button on your keyboard to adjust the increments.Press the Tab button again to escape. ( Youll see)

As far as your z problem, is it possible you havnt zeroed your z properly? ( Dunno, just a thought)

mikesos1
08-29-2005, 09:46 PM
Press the tab button on your keyboard to adjust the increments.Press the Tab button again to escape. ( Youll see)

As far as your z problem, is it possible you havnt zeroed your z properly? ( Dunno, just a thought)

Thanks for the quick reply,

The tab key dosen't seem to do anything on my system.

I zero Z on my part each time. If i then hit goto Safe Z or goto Z's the Z axis just takes off to a random number, usually outside the limits of my machine. I have the safe Z height set at +2.000 just like I had in Mach 2. In Mach 2 when I hit Go to Z's, Z would retract to +2 then move X and Y to Zero, then plunge Z to Zero.

I dunno what to do. :(

Thanks for the help, any more Ideas?

Mike

ynneb
08-29-2005, 09:52 PM
Mike, I strongly suggest you post your problem in the mach2 Yahoo group.
This sounds like it could be a temprorary bug in that version.
You will find that Art ( The software writer) will give you almost immediate help.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mach1mach2cnc/

mikesos1
08-30-2005, 05:13 PM
ynneb,I will do that, thanks for the help.

Mike

JFettig
08-31-2005, 09:37 AM
first get the new version of mach3,
the safe z is from your g53 t0 position, the position that should be 'home' so if your not homing it out(if you dont have switches) and just zeroing the axis it coudl be causing these problems.

Jon