PDA

View Full Version : Colombo spindle on shopsabre, air problem

keyeskennard
05-06-2011, 09:01 PM
Hi,
My 7.5 hp Colombo spindle with atc on my shopsabre does not seem to be blowing out air when it releases a tool. I haven't had the machine long since I bought it used just recently, and I can't ever remember if the spindle had this function. Isn't it supposed to blow air out when it releases a tool to clean off the toolholder? It does make a loud air blow when it grabs a tool, but when releasing it, it just makes a click and releases the tool.

cabnet636
05-07-2011, 05:51 AM
the specs and info may be on the pds colombo website or get your model number and call them in NC, nice fellows always willing to help

ger21
05-07-2011, 07:38 AM
My 7.5 hp Colombo spindle with atc on my shopsabre does not seem to be blowing out air when it releases a tool.

Never used a Columbo, but I'm not sure if it should. There shouldn't be any dust on the toolholder when it's released, as it was in the spindle. Not to mention it's probably spinning at 15,000+ rpm, so how can it have dust on it? I'll need to see if ours works this way, but it'll be 10 days before I go back to work.