PDA

View Full Version : Help!!

hoggy
08-26-2005, 01:41 PM
Hi All,
Have a bit of a problem as follows:
I am drawing a part in my cad program simple box outline with 5 points inside were I would like drilled holes, and then exporting as DXF file,but when I load into mach2 or sheetcam the box outline is there but no points were I want the holes to be drilled :confused: ,any help please.

Regards Steve.

cncadmin
08-26-2005, 01:51 PM
Did you put it on a separate layer? The points are probably hard to see but if they are on a layer you will be able to identify them.

ger21
08-26-2005, 01:54 PM
Try drawing circles the size of the hole instead of points. I don't think Mach2 will do drilling from a .dxf, btw.

hoggy
08-26-2005, 02:12 PM
:) Thanks Guys,
I did put the point on another layer,I also just inported the holes (on there own) with out the outside box but no sign of them once in sheetcam, also don't think I can put the holes in the size they are to mill the holes(only 1.5 mm dia) so really need to use points and a drill +maybe a centre drill.

Regards Steve.

locost_cam
08-27-2005, 03:21 AM
Are you using pointmarks or just very short lines? Pointmarks should work. SheetCam normally removes zero length lines.

If you draw the holes as circles of the correct diameter then you can use a drilling process to drill the holes. If the holes are smaller than the mill you intend to cut the shape out with you can have them on the same layer as the outline otherwise you need to have the holes on their own layer. For centre drilling, set the min hole size to smaller than your smallest hole and max hole size to larger than your largest hole. The centre drill will now drill all of the holes.

hoggy
08-27-2005, 03:37 AM
:) Thank you,
I was using points not lines,using vector engineer cad,also tried four points without the box but they did'nt show once inported to sheetcam,so then posted the nc code from sheetcam just in case they were there but to small to see,but when checking the exported file there not there,could it be my cad program maybe,if someone could post a dxf file of a couple of holes using points and let me know which cad program there using I could try loading them into sheetcam and see if it works,thanks.

Regards Steve.

hoggy
08-27-2005, 02:43 PM
Been trying all day and still not managed to sort this out :confused: ,any help please if someone could post a dxf file with a couple of holes using points that would be great at least than I would know if it's my cad which does have points,but there not showing in sheetcam.
Many Thanks
Regards Steve.