PDA

View Full Version : sheetcam TNG user guide

tig-racer
04-22-2011, 02:26 AM
i recently picked up a full copy of SheetCam TNG and cant find a user guide of any kind. i checked on the SheetCam web site and didnt find anything for the TNG software. would anyone happen to have a link to any kind of user guide for this software?

thanks

rk396
04-22-2011, 07:55 AM
Under the help menu choice, are a few tutorials, and other documentation. You could also e-mail Les, as he is usually very quick to respond.

tig-racer
04-22-2011, 07:50 PM
i was using the 'tutorials" last night and discovered that if i have any of the pop up windows open in the sheetcam software im unable to scroll up or down on the tutorial window. this made it difficult to use the tutorial while getting settings changed and such in the software. i also dont see any info about importing DXF files and getting them converted into g-code. maybe i missed this information somehow.

rk396 do you have a email address for this "Les" person?

on a side note each time i start the sheetcam TNG software i get a notice to update the software and each time i hit ok to update now sheetcam crashes. not sure what to do about this but first i just want to learn about the software then ill worry about this updateing issue.

thanks

rk396
04-22-2011, 09:37 PM
Les is the creator of the software. On the website it's in the contact area.

To import a dxf file, use the import drawing command found under "file".

Not sure what to tell you about the crashing. I know there are always improvements being made. Maybe a complete reinstall will fix it.

Fiero Addiction
05-31-2011, 02:49 PM
Mine also crashed on the last two updates. After restarting Sheetcam I let it install the update again and it goes fine.