PDA

View Full Version : Problem Mach 3 slaving problem

Domdonder
04-05-2011, 09:18 AM
I run a four axis cnc and have the following problem, when using formulas in Mach 3 to slave the Z an A axis it does not cut the same on both sides when the G3 command is encountered in the g-code. Especially on the A axis which does not follow the correct cutting Y axis. Interestingly if the CAD drawing is redone and the arches duplicated by free hand the problem goes away.
Why is this?

ger21
04-05-2011, 11:46 AM
Probably a bug in Mach3's formulas. I know there are some other bugs when using them.

Why are you not using the Mach3's Slaving?

Domdonder
04-05-2011, 01:51 PM
Hi Gerry
I am using an older version of mach, it does not give the option to slave 4 axis except under the heading formulas in configuration.

I am thinking of buying the new mach but I cannot decide if lazycam is foam cutter friendly yet or not ( I am battling to get the cutting paths sorted on the dem version), one thing is for sure after watching the tutorials, it is an amazing g-code generating tool for milling !!

ger21
04-05-2011, 02:28 PM
If you have an older license, it will work with the latest versions. There is no charge to upgrade.

Domdonder
04-06-2011, 05:47 AM
Hi Ger, Thanks that is good news, but I will have to see if I can make lazycam do what I need before I can do it.