PDA

View Full Version : Wiring for Centroid M15

gm3211
08-16-2005, 05:24 PM
Hello,

I am looking for a wiring diagram for a Centroid M-15 controller. The customer is telling me that machine has a DB9 connector on it.

I am wondering if it the port on the CNC is MALE or FEMALE.

I am trying to wire this up to the PC using a DB9 on the computer to the CNC. If anyone has a diagram or details, please post a reply or fax to 619.461.5918

Thanks in advance for your help!

Greg Mercurio
SFA, Inc.
619.461.4000 Tel

Andy Fritz
12-15-2005, 11:16 AM
Hi Greg,

Did you ever get a hold of the schematics for the M15? If so, I would be eternally grateful if you could forward them to me, preferrably in pdf.

gar
12-27-2005, 08:52 PM
051227-2030 EST USA

gm3211:

You have probably solved your problem by now.

However, if you have the customer use a DVM it is fairly easy to identify pins.

In the rest state output pins will read steady approximately -5 to -12 V relative to common (the chassis of the machine will probably be connected to common), voltage depends upon the driver.

Input pins will read about 0 V relative to common.

In general for either a 9 pin or 25 pin connector pins 2 and 3 are the data lines. On 25 pin connectors pin 7 is signal common (on HAAS this has a 100 ohm series resistor to chassis) and pin 1 is shield tied to machine common (on HAAS pin 1 goes directly to the machine chassis). On 9 pin connectors pin 5 is signal common and there is no shield pin. Other pins are used for hardware handshake. These comments are on the assumption that the connector is for RS232.

The data out pin when data is being transmitted will fluctate around 0 V.

Handshake output signals will swing between the minus value and a comparable positive value.

By the nature of these signal tests and general useage you can fairly accurate define what pins are what.

see our web site www.beta-a2.com and various pages therein.