PDA

View Full Version : Blade runner questions

Kentuckyfarmer
03-31-2011, 07:39 PM
Can anyone who is running the blade runner setup give me a idea where to set acceleation and velocity for a start point. I know all machines are different, but the go by how it sounds aint much help if you never heard one before.
Thanks

turboedgs
04-05-2011, 03:10 PM
I would start some place in the middle and work up.

What you will find is that when cutting, especially at higher speeds, that you want your motors to be able to accelerate/decelerate in a reasonable about of time to keep up with the code.

If you cut at a higher speeds say 300-400ipm and the acceleration isn’t set fast enough you will get round corners and unfinished cut lines. The motors won’t have time to accelerate to full cut speed in the code and the referenced x/y before they get the next set of x/y coordinates. Thus you get round corners or unfinished cut lines.

Why people tend to say “it is machine based” is do to the many various factors influencing the drive systems, motor type, max speed, drive system, resolution, etc.

sett too slow and it just takes too long to get up to the desired speed and to slow down. Too fast and you tend to get a jerky gantry do to the hard start and stops.

Hope this helps some.

BBchevy396_
04-06-2011, 10:20 AM
How heavy is your gantry? Mine weighs in at approx 120lbs, and with 2 600oz/in motors slaved on the Y, it is working beautifully at 500 velocity and 30 accel, with 3.5:1 belt drive ratio and 1" pinions. I may bump the accel up to 50 and see what happens.

I believe we have the identical bladerunner setup.

Kentuckyfarmer
04-06-2011, 09:27 PM
Thanks BB that is what I was looking for, my gantry wieghs about 80 or 90 with 2 600 oz motors. Yea I think we have the same set up I went with the 5th axis hope to get the tube cutter set up in near future, may be a while time to get in the fields for crops before long.
Thanks for the info.
I am useing 3 to 1 belt reduction and 1 in pinion
Thanks
Mike